At Lincoln Pediatrics, we are taking every precaution to keep your family safe and healthy. In our North Attleboro office, we are seeing well children in the morning and sick children in the afternoon. At our Lincoln office, well children enter through our side door and do not go through the waiting room at all. At both offices, we are keeping the waiting rooms empty and immediately putting patients in the exam room. We are using masks and gloves as appropriate. We are cleaning, cleaning, cleaning like crazy. We feel that coming to our office is safer than visiting the local grocery store or neighborhood Walmart. (Nothing against Walmart!) We would encourage you to keep your child’s appointments, well or sick. We do not want your children to fall behind on their immunizations or miss an opportunity for developmental screening, general advice and anticipatory guidance. When you do come to the office, we would ask that you bring as few people as possible. We know with families this can be tricky. We would also ask you to bring your child’s inhalers and spacer to the appointment if they are having a respiratory problem.
Having said the above, we know that there is a tremendous amount of fear and trepidation among parents. That is why we are now offering phone and Telemedicine visits when appropriate. We would encourage you to download the AnyMeeting Video Conferencing App to any device that has a camera to facilitate a Telemedicine visit. A laptop, IPad or tablet would be preferred over a cell phone. We have found that the AnyMeeting App is simple and convenient to use. The App is free and there is no registration or log-in needed on your part. It is also encrypted and HIPAA compliant. Please know that this is an option if you are hesitant to make or keep an appointment. We are here for you and are trying to be innovative and flexible to meet your family’s needs. Feel free to call us if you have any further questions. We appreciate your understanding in this difficult and challenging time.
DUE TO THE UNCERTAINTY OF THINGS AND THE FLUCTUATION OF OUR SCHEDULES, OUR OFFICE HOURS ARE ALSO FLUCTUATING ON A DAY TO DAY BASIS. WE ARE SHORTENING OUR OFFICE HOURS AS NEEDED BASED ON THE DEMAND FOR APPOINTMENTS. PLEASE CALL EARLY IN THE DAY TO SCHEDULE A SAME DAY APPOINTMENT. WE APPRECIATE YOUR UNDERSTANDING IN THESE UNUSUAL TIMES.
PLEASE BE MINDFUL THAT AFTER HOUR AND WEEKEND CALLS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO EMERGENCIES ONLY. ROUTINE QUESTIONS, REFILLS ON MEDICATIONS, AND NON-URGENT MATTERS SHOULD BE TAKEN CARE OF DURING OUR REGULAR HOURS MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY. OUR STAFF, ANSWERING SERVICE, AND NURSING TRIAGE SERVICE ARE BECOMING INUNDATED WITH NON-URGENT MATTERS AFTER HOURS AND ON WEEKENDS, DELAYING THEIR RESPONSE TO MORE URGENT SITUATIONS. WE APPRECIATE YOUR HELP AND COOPERATION IN THIS MATTER.
THIS PAST WEEK WAS A LITTLE CRAZY, BUT WE ARE TAKING THINGS ONE DAY AT A TIME. THINGS REMAIN VERY FLUID IN REGARD TO THE CORONA VIRUS. WE ARE DOING OUR BEST TO KEEP UP WITH THE LATEST INFORMATION AND GUIDELINES. WE WILL CONTINUE TO HAVE OUR REGULAR OFFICE HOURS. WE ARE SCREENING PHONE CALLS FOR PATIENTS WHO ARE ILL. WE ARE MAKING EXTRA EFFORTS IN THE OFFICE TO CLEAN COMMONLY USED SURFACES. WE WASH OUR HANDS FREQUENTLY, USE HAND GEL WHEN NEEDED, AND USE GLOVES WHEN APPROPRIATE.
AS PEDIATRICIANS, WE ARE NOT STRANGERS TO INFECTIOUS DISEASES, AND HAVE DEALT WITH OTHER OUTBREAKS IN THE PAST. IF WE BELIEVE YOUR CHILD SHOULD BE SEEN FOR AN ILLNESS, (OR NOT SEEN), PLEASE TRUST OUR JUDGEMENT. PLEASE KEEP YOUR CHILD’S WELL VISITS. WE DO NOT WANT THEM TO FALL BEHIND ON THEIR IMMUNIZATIONS. IF YOU HAVE CONCERNS ABOUT COMING TO THE OFFICE, PLEASE CALL US AND WE WOULD BE HAPPY TO DISCUSS ANY QUESTIONS THAT YOU HAVE. WE ARE HERE FOR THE HEALTH AND WELL-BEING OF YOUR CHILDREN. WE BELIEVE THAT YOUR FAMILY WILL BE BEST SERVED BY OUR OFFICE AS OPPOSED TO URGENT CARES OR EMERGENCY ROOMS THAT ARE NOT PRIORITIZED FOR CHILDREN.
KEEP UP TO DATE ON THE FACTS. KEEP CALM IN THE MIDST OF THE STORM. THIS TOO WILL PASS.
Lincoln Pediatrics prides itself on our availability to our patients and their families. It surprises us many times our families are unaware just how available we are. We always encourage our families to CALL US FIRST before heading to the urgent care or ER because we can often see your child in our office, temporize the situation and see them the next day, or guide you as to where you should take your child to be seen. Please review the following information:
- Monday through Friday we are answering the phone in the office at 8:00 AM and on Saturday at 8 AM. We do not have Sunday office hours, but a physician is still available by phone. See below.
- Monday through Friday we utilize our pediatric nurse, Judy, to handle many of the routine calls. If you need to speak to a physician, we will catch up on calls at lunchtime or the end of the day. Urgent calls are usually referred immediately to a provider.
- Monday through Thursday we are in the office until 7 PM, and Fridays until 5 PM.
- Each Saturday we are in the office until at least noon seeing patients. On the Saturdays we are also covering for Blackstone Valley Pediatrics, we are there until later in the afternoon, but there is no set time that we finish up. It varies with the demand for appointments.
- Monday through Friday until 9 PM and weekends and Holidays until 6 PM, a physician will return calls from families. You should expect a return call within the hour unless we are still finishing up in the office. In that case a return call may be a little more delayed. We encourage families to call again if they have not been reached in a timely fashion (1-2 hours) or if the situation has become more urgent.
- Monday through Friday after 9 PM and weekends and Holidays after 6 PM, we use a nursing service call Nurse Telephone Triage. They are a professional nursing service trained in the telephone management of sick children. They provide excellent care, have physician back-up, and provide an email the next day documenting the phone encounter. This goes in the individual child’s record.
- ANYTIME YOU ARE CONSIDERING TAKING A CHILD TO AN EMERGENCY ROOM OR URGENT CARE, PLEASE CALL US FIRST. We can often manage the situation over the phone, make a timely appointment for your child the next day, or guide you to the best place to take your child for evaluation. Hasbro provides excellent care, but is not always the best or most convenient place to take you child. That is where we can help.
- Anytime you need to reach us, call our regular number at 401-334-4021, and when you hear the voice recording, push zero and you will be directed to our answering service. They will relay the message to the appropriate person. If our phone lines are not working properly, an alternative number to reach us is 401-276-8023. This number should be used only when our phone system is out of commission.
- Monday through Friday you will only get a representative from our office returning your call. On weekends it may vary between our office and Blackstone Valley Pediatrics (BVP) who we share weekend coverage with. Depending on the timing of your call, someone from BVP may return your call, or you may be directed to make an appointment for your child to be seen at their office.
We hope these reminders will be helpful this season. Again, we encourage all children to get the flu shot!