We presently have a full complement of flu vaccine and are administering it in the office at well visits. We will be having a second flu clinic on Saturday, November 21, 2015, from 8 AM until Noon at the Lincoln office.
No appointment is necessary so please do not call the office. Please note: If your child recently received a MMR or Varivax vaccine, they must wait one month before they can receive the nasal Flumist vaccine.
As a reminder, Contraindications to giving the intranasal (Flumist) vaccine include:
- Children less than 2 years of age;
- Children with a medical condition that places them at higher risk for complications from influenza, including those with chronic heart or lung disease such as asthma or reactive airways disease; children with medical conditions such as diabetes or kidney failure; children with illnesses that weaken the immune system or who take medications that can weaken the immune system;
- Children younger than 5 years old with a history of recurrent wheezing;
- Children receiving aspirin therapy;
- Children who have had Guillain-Barre’s syndrome (GBS), a rare disorder of the nervous system, within 6 weeks of getting the flu vaccine,
- Children who have a severe allergy to chicken eggs or who are allergic to any of the nasal spray vaccine components.
Finally, If you have not signed up for our automatic email notification when a new post is made, follow the link below and do it now. We think it will be a great help to you and your family.