In this busy season, we would like to remind our families of the following office policies:
Please allow one week if a referral is needed. It is important that you give us the following information:
- Name and date of birth of child
- Primary care provider of child
- Correct insurance information
- Name, phone number, and fax of physician being referred to
- Date and time of appointment
- Reason for visit
If you are leaving us a message by phone with the above information, please speak clearly. Correct spelling of names is also very helpful.
If you choose to utilize an Urgent Care or ER facility, we generally do not approve of self-referrals if done during our regular office hours. If you so choose, you will run the risk of paying for the visit out of your own pocket.
A completed state school physical examination form and a copy of your child’s immunizations will be provided at each well visit. This exam form will be good for one year. You can make additional copies for sports and other activities as needed throughout the year. We will charge a $10 fee for any additional or lost physical exam forms that need to be filled out. Additional forms will not be completed unless the fee is paid for in advance and all other needed information has been filled out on the form. Please allow one week for completion of any additional forms.
Many of you have taken advantage of our call-in time Monday through Friday from 7-8 AM. This time has been available for advice or same day sick appointments and has allowed you to speak with a physician directly. We are modifying this time on a trial basis as follows:
1. When you call our regular office number between 7-8 AM, the answering service will take the pertinent information and immediately send a text-message to the covering physician.
2. A physician will be available from 7-8 AM Monday through Friday to respond to the messages from the service. This call-in time is to be used for advice or same day sick appointments. All other routine calls should be made during our regular office hours.
3. You will be called back by a physician within a short time since we have set this time specifically aside to answer morning calls.
Without going into detail, this will help LPA in a number of ways. We will try our best to make this time available on a regular basis, though sometimes meetings, sickness, and vacations throw a wrench into our well-intentioned plans. As always we appreciate your patience and cooperation.
If you have not signed up for our automatic email notification when a new post is made, follow the link below and do it now. We think it will be a great help to you and your family.